Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Omnivore's Delight

Here's a exert from O Mag of this month.
As you know, I love food, and here's a passage from an article that I totally loved.  I wanted to share it with you.  As written by Katie Arnold-Ratliff.

"Whenever I fly home from New York, I head to In-N-Out straight from the airport.  I love Long John Silver's chicken planks.  And God help me if I spot a Krispy Kreme.  In my cabinets you'll find Oreos, boxed mac and cheese (best served studded with hot dog chunks), and six flavors of potato chips - none of them low fat.  


Now seems a good time to mention my butt, boobs and stomach, which are ample.  I'd rather have curves than agonize over whether I deserve dessert.  Plus, I look great in vintage dresses, and according to at least one small child, my hugs are pleasantly squishy."

I just had to smile when I read that.  A woman that embraces her curves and isn't afraid to proclaim she doesn't eat salad and celery so she can look like Angelina Jolie.  Let's celebrate!!!

From one food lover to another.

I also want to point out that mac and cheese IS best with hot dogs chunks.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT:

"One of the delights of life is eating with friends;
second to that is talking about eating.
And, for an unsurpassed double whammy,
there is talking about eating while you're eating with friends."

1 comment:

  1. I must admit hot dog chunks do add to my KD experience although I need to top mine off with ketchup! SLUP!
    - melissa

    ReplyDelete