Monday, July 19, 2010

What a weekend!

First of all, what a Monday!  It's 12:41 and just starting my short lunch break!  Busy, busy..

Daddy and I had a really great weekend!  I spent the day with a good friend of mine, who now lives in Montréal.  She came down for the weekend and we went to the beach with Baby.  It was a great day!   Warm and super windy, it was perfect.  Baby spent a lot of time in the waves, bobbing in and out of the water, trying his hardest to swim.  I really got to get him in a swimming class!  For non-canadian readers, when I say beach, I mean my city's marina.  It's a lake, not the sea.  The water's brown, not blue.  But it's our beach :)

After the beach, we spent the evening at a friend's place to celebrate his 30th birthday.  It was awesome!  All our good friends were there and we had a lot of fun.  Ate some good darn food and had some good darn drinks!  I gotta say thank you to Daddy, who took was the DD and the DB (designated babysitter), since I was drinking.  What a man!  Birthday Boy's wife hired a clown to come entertain us for a little while, we missed it, but saw the pics and had a good laugh about it!  The kids were happy, and Bday Boy was just happy as a clam... :)

Baby spent half of Sunday sleeping, from getting to bed super late the night before.  We spent the evening at a last minute family BBQ on Daddy's side.  It was ok.  Left earlier :)  Had a chocking scare with Baby in the car, left us shaken.  Turns out he bit a stress ball and was gagging on the huge piece in his mouth.  New car rule: no more objects in his hands while we are driving.  We are lucky he was only gagging and heard him.  Even with a backseat mirror, we can't watch him every second.  I had a bad night's sleep and lots of nightmares about it.  Very tired today.

But anywho, all is well.  I am planning a biking weekend away with my Montréal friend this August.  Very exciting!  In the meantime, working on getting pregnant, woopi! 

Gotta holla to my buddies Dolly and M, had a great night Saturday, ladies!  Maybe K will pick up on blog reading too :)  Love ya!! xoxoxox

2 comments:

  1. I think K should join in the blog-reading fun! Thanks for coming out, we loved having you guys over and it's too bad you missed Bouchon in action! AND I got to spend some cuddle time with your little man which totally made my day! xoxox

    - M

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about the choking scare :( That's gotta be one of the scariest things to see! It might last a second, but it feels like an hour! Thankfully it was all good in the end!!! Fiouf!

    It was nice seeing you too on Saturday! It was a great night... (thanks habibi :) Fred wrote a hilarious speech for Bouchon to read... I wish somebody videotaped it so you could watch... ah well... He didn't stay very long, about 25 mins.. but he sure made us laugh!

    We should get together again soon... my turn to plan something! I'll keep you posted ;)

    xox

    ReplyDelete