Thursday, July 8, 2010

Beef of the Day

Why, oh why, is it always TOO cold in movie theatres?!

I'm thinking, ok, maybe they don't want people falling asleep, but yo, do you really need to make us shiver!  Crap, it was a relief to step outside in the 40 degree humidity!

Sigh....

We went to see the remake of the Karate Kid.  Here's my review:

I give it 7/10.  It wasn't great, but it was good.  Jackie Chan was awesome.  It was refreshing to have him in a serious role, he fit way better than being the stupid Kung Fu comedian.  Jaden Smith was ok, but he'll needs lots more experience if he wants to be like his Daddy and Mommy!!  The little Chinese girl was mega cute, I liked her.  All in all, I say you need to see it, but wait until it comes out on DVD.  In the meantime, rent the original version! 

Oh, P.S.  There was a scene where Jackie Chan, who plays the Master, was waxing his car.  Then the kid walks in.  I thought, alright!!...the wax on, wax off scene!  But noooooooooooooo.....how dissapointing for fans of the 80s movie!  But to my surprise, that scene turned into a teary one.  Which was probably one of the highlights of the movie.  The fighting scenes at the end were kinda fake, you could see the hits were not real ones, so I thought that wasn't too professionnal for a Kung Fu movie.  But it was still not bad.

So Karate Kid fans, don't despair.  But instead of paying 10$, rent it for 4$ :)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the review MJ! I must admit, I'm not a big fan of Karate Kid (sorry, I'm a party pooper)... but I'll keep this info in mind :)

    ReplyDelete