Saturday, May 29, 2010

Rest in Peace

What a day. Today, I learned about 3 deaths.

First one is someone in our community, an ex political figure who did a lot for our city. M. Robert Middlemiss. I was told he had lung cancer and that it spread to his brain.

Second touches me a lot. A girl my age I met a couple years ago, who was my friend's roommate. I learned a few months ago that her mom had a really strong cancer, but I can't remember which one. She had a rough time, but she had managed to get better. I was happy for them, because I lost a parent too, so I really felt for her. But I guess she eventually got bad again, because she passed away this morning. The good news in all this is that she had her daughter and husband with her. I think that's the best way to go, surrounded by the people you love most.

And I just read about the passing of an actor I appreciated most for his role in one of my favourite movies, "Speed", Dennis Hopper. He died at the age of 74 from prostate cancer.

So in honour of all these trips back home, I say to you: "Life is short, live it well".

No comments:

Post a Comment