Thursday, August 5, 2010

The results are in!

And it's good news!  Mommy can breathe the heck out.
Oh, and a stinky story too.

So I go pick Baby up at daycare and distracted Daddy hadn't told them I was coming early for an appt.  He just fell asleep when I picked him up, so they grab him and hand him to me.  En route to the appt, an awful poop smell comes to my nose.  Sure enough, when I get to the clinic, I go in the bathroom with him and there one of the biggest, smelliest poop he's ever done.  Full of pee too.  And believe it or not, I had NO diapers!! I hadn't planned on bringing his bag since I was coming from work and planned only an hour or two with him.

So brave mommy used a gazillion kleenex and paper towels to get the biggest mess out, folded some clean tissues inside his diaper and put it back on.  I felt like the worst mom in the world!!!

So back to the results.

The doc was super nice, about 10 feet 7 (!) and pretty young.  But very good. (looking...too)

Turns out Baby has pseudo-strabism:
Esotropia is the name for eyes that turn inward. In pseudoesotropia, the eyes appear to be crossed but are actually straight. This common condition in infants and young children is generally due to the infant's facial structures. The wide bridge of the nose and small folds of eyelid skin on the nasal side of the eye contribute to this appearance by covering the "white" of the eye. This especially becomes apparent when the infant looks to the right or the left. As the infant's facial structures mature, this appearance of crossing will improve and often disappear.


So HURRAY for a healthy baby!  Maybe he'll stil wear glasses, but at least he won't be cross-eyed and made fun of at school.  I'll still enroll him in Karate, don't worry :)

Makes my DAY!!

3 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwww what a relief!!! I'm so happy for you. Yep, now you can breathe out!!!!! That's wonderful!!

    UNBELIEVABLE diaper story... note to self: always carry an extra diaper...hehe this reminds me: the other day, the twins mom picked them up from daycare and was taking them for their 1 yr vaccines... she said she hadnt brought any diapers, so i gave her 2... cuz babies tend to POOP at the worse time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. and they DID!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WONDERFUL news :) I'm so happy to hear his eyes are a-okay! The diaper story made me laugh because I don't even think I can count the amount of times I've been out without diaper and FEARING something would explode....guess I know what to in the even it happens. OR I could just make sure to stash a diaper in my purse! LOL

    -M

    ReplyDelete