Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Ladies first

Men, listen up.


We may be independant, we may be earning our own money, and we may not even need you to mow the lawn.  But this, this we need.  We're women afterall.  It's human nature:


1.  Open doors. No need to walk 20 paces ahead of me to open every single door, but if you get there, open it for me, and make sure you don't let it slam on the elderly couple walking behind.


2. Ladies first.  If a man is walking with me and he lets me go inside first or is guiding me through a crowd, his hand gently touching the small of my back, it makes me melt.  Why does it make me weak in the knees? He is protecting me, guiding me, but not smothering me — that is the sign of as true gentleman.


3. Care about me. I love it when a man is concerned if I am not feeling well, and that he encourages me to take care and eat enough. I love when he makes sure to remind me to wear gloves on a cold winter day.  Little things that tells me you care about my health and my well being.


4. Give me a hand.  Taking my hand and helping me up steps, hills, rocks, uneven terrain makes us melt. We might love those four-inch pumps we're wearing, but we don't do so well on cobblestone or sprinting through a patch of grass, so lend a hand when the situation calls for it.




For the lovely ladies in your life, please be gentlemen.  We'll love you a gazillion more for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment