Friday, March 12, 2010

If the shoe fits...

Well, the time has come, my friends.  Time to buy that first pair of shoes for my little boy!  Seems like he only started to crawl, but the fingerprints on my patio door about 2 1/2 feet from the floor tell me diffently.  Ah, how time flies!  And how I know that this first pair will be expensive..!  And how I so know that it'll fit for a few weeks!  Ah, the joys of spending on someone other than yourself :)

I'm cold.

Why?

My furnace broke this morning.  Not the first time.  I have to say, poor thing is 17 years old.  Maybe that's why it's difficult, I sure was at that age ;)  So I'm thinking of getting a new one.  We're renting it, so it's only the monthly fee that'll go up a few dollars.  Strike 3, you're out!

Oh, funny BBQ story (I was thinking about our steaks tonight, on the BBQ...you know, string of thoughts..).  We were peacefully having dinner one winter night, Seb, Jacob and I.  I have to precise here, that I live in a townhouse, so the neighbours are quite close.  So my next door neighbour (or should I say the one who lives in the other side of my living room wall) knocks on the door and she's quite agitated.  I have to precise again here that she's in her 50s, never been kissed (I suspect), living alone.  Just picture  Susan Boyle, before she got famous.  But grumpier.

So she knock, and I answer the door, and she tells me: "OMG, thank god you're there,  someone's been trying to steal your BBQ!".  I look at her, quite calm, and answer, still chewing: " Yes, it's Seb, he just cooked us chicken."  She then looks at me, in disbelief and says: "During winter?!".  Now, you might not think this funny if you don't live in Canada, but believe me, everyone can BBQ in the winter!  She went back home, looking all confused.  Seb and I chuckled all night...

Maybe we should buy her a BBQ next Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment