Friday, April 2, 2010

Sitting on the porch

Tonight was a lovely night.

An old friend from high school lives a few doors from me.  We say hi from time to time on Facebook, but tonight, I decided to do it the old fashion way.

I took Baby in my arms and went to ring her doorbell.

She was watching tv, I don't know if I was disturbing her show or what, but she let me in anyways.  I had not called ahead, not planned it, I just went to say hi.

We sat on the porch for about an hour, just catching up, talking about life in general, gardening, kids...

I went home a happier person.

Sometimes, you just have to ring someone's doorbell to find out how life is beautiful.  The simplest things.
I had a great night talking with you Mélanie, I hope you come ring my doorbell too from time to time.

A great night indeed.

Ring someone's doorbell this week, you'll see what I mean.
Good night, invisible friends! xox

1 comment:

  1. Cute! We're so busy that sometimes we dont even get to say hi to our neighbours hehe... I'm glad to hear you had a good time. its always nice to catch up with an old friend :)

    ReplyDelete