Sunday, September 12, 2010

My Strange Addiction

Woah.  So I'm watching this show on TLC called My Strange Addiction.  It's 4 people who've got really strange psychological addictions.  Tonight it's:


  1. A 22 year old girl who's diagnosed with pica, and is addicted to eating chalk, laundry detergent and the cement side of the pool.
  2. A 45 year old woman who's addicted to shopping.  She spends about 1,500$ a week and is 85,000$ in debt.
  3. A 44 year old man who's addicted to running.  He runs about 100 miles a week.  He started running after his divorced.  He's litterally running away from his problems.
  4. A 20 year old girl who's addicted to tanning.  She's been tanning full time since she was 13 years old.  She thinks that if she dies tomorrow of skin cancer, "she'll die hot!"  She tans about 10 hours a week outside without sunscreen.  Her skin tone is dark orange.
I hope these people get medical help.  Besides the shopping, their addiction is life threatening.  I hope they give updates on these people at the end of the show. 

Maybe Dr. Cruickshank can help in this matter...

My addiction?  good food.  But it's not compulsive.  Then I'd definitely go to Dr. Cruickshank.

G'night, addicts!

5 comments:

  1. I've seen my fair share of strange addictions. The strangest one I've seen was this elderly woman that slept in a dump truck every night. She had a lovely home, a great husband but when bedtime came, she drove around and looked for a dump truck to sleep in.

    That is all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. some straaaaange addictions out there thats for sure!!! how can someone get hooked on laundry detergent?! what makes someone say: hmmm i think i'll eat chalk today!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHOPPING on the other hand, thats completely normal!!! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its Tina from FB...
    I just wanted to say I have Pica too. Since I was six. And its not very funny...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no Tina :( I hope you can manage it and it's not too damageable for your health!!

    ReplyDelete